#30 DAYS OF THANKS
By Carolyn Dale Newell
In Everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
1 Thessalonians 5:18 NKJV
We often take our blessings for granted, but during the Thanksgiving season, we tend to be more focused on thankfulness. For several years, I participated in the social media trend – #30DaysOfThanks. Life’s busy schedule always results in a few missed days. The daily habit of posting one thing I am thankful for incites praise to God as I consider my many blessings.
This year is super busy. I thought about skipping this ritual since I am still trying to fit into a new schedule with a guide dog. I decided to get intentional about it by writing this post.
My prayer is that you will offer thanks ,giving God praise for the things in your life that come to mind as you read.
- My guide dog, Iva
- Salvation and a life with Jesus Christ
- My husband, Timmy, the love of my life, who had a clean house and stocked fridge when I returned from New York.
- Timmy’s health and life, after congestive heart failure in July.
- My faithful cat, Angel, who we almost lost recently.
- My best friend, Eva.
- God’s providence – simply amazing.
- Anointed preachers, such as Mike Rhodes – so blessed to sit under his wonderful preaching this year.
- God is still on the throne.
- My Bible study group, Lydia’s Ladies.
- The independence God showed me I could have this year.
- My home.
- Thankful my recliner broke and I was able to purchase a new living room set.
- My new laptop.
- God’s beautiful creation.
- Everyone who supported “Incense Rising”.
- The Encouragement Café women’s conference.
- Good health.
- Southern gospel music – love it!
- Dark chocolate, well… all chocolate.
- My friend, Judi, you are great!
- Joann Jordan, for your love, prayers, support, and giving me my first opportunity to write for a ministry.
- Guiding Eyes for the Blind – first class guide dog school.
- My church – Blue Ridge Baptist.
- Gail, my hairdresser and friend. Yes, I will make you famous one day. LOL!
- My Facebook fam and Twitter tweeps.
- My faithful blog readers. Thank You!
- Losing physical vision and the gift of spiritual vision.
- Friends who stick by me even when we disagree. God removes the others for a reason.
- The Holy Bible and its uncompromising truth.
What are you thankful for?
Copyright 2016 Carolyn Dale Newell.